Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Portrait of Harriet Simeon

Hello again, today I have a slide show to show you, but before I do I have learnt a lot about this person. Her name is Harriet Simeon and she went to World War 1 . Woman weren't allowed to serve in the front line but Harriet Simeon and 500 and more other women worked as a nurse. ( Woman can serve in the army now)  Harriet and other women helped men get healed and helped the wounded get better. Before Harriet went to war she was apart of the Wellington Patriotic Society which they held huge queens carnival. There is much more to learn about Harriet Simeon. Here is the presentation I made of Harriet Simeon.

Make sure to check out my slide that I made.

Did any of your family gone to war?

do you know anything about women going to war?

Thank you for reading and I will blog next time.

3 comments:

  1. Ka pai Sophie. You've put a lot of effort into those slides. My grandad was in WW2 as a postman I think. Do you think women should have been allowed to be on the front line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I have a lot of reasons why women can and cannot serve in the front line but I think that the answer for me is yes because women with big hearts would be able to because a lot of people have the heart to serve for this country.

      Delete
    2. Hi Sophie, this is a great response. I think there's a special something that females bring to a warzone that's different to men who rely heavily on brute strength. I think women would bring a more strategic approach to the finer details of planning for a war.

      Sophie, i enjoyed reading your slides. The strength of your presentation is based on your choice of photos. You were very strategic on what picture to use for each slide. 100, 000 house points for your house.

      Brilliant!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.