Pages

Saturday 11 July 2020

Indoor Plant

Hi again today I will be telling you about a indoor plant. It is very beautiful and I want to talk about it because I never experience a plant like that. Me, my mum and my sister call it the show off tree because in night time all the leaves bunch up altogether like a flower and in day time It opens acting like nothing happened. When it bunches up together in night time it shows like a light red it was so cool because every night we look at it we just say 
" You show off ". Thank you for reading here are some photos. 
Night time
Night time

Night time

Day time

Day time

Day time

Thank You.

What kind of indoor plant do you have?
Do you like indoor plants?

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome blog post Sophie! I had an indoor plant but I don't think it was getting enough light so I planted it in the garden. Why do you think the leaves do that at night time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have no Idea why it does that but I tried to find out the plant name but I couldn't so I just left it. It was given to my mother for her birthday. Anyway i don't know why it does that.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog.
      Sophie.

      Delete
    2. I think it has something to do with not losing water at night. Or maybe it's because the sun isn't out at night so there's no point having the leaves out. Do you know what leaves do for plants?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Sophie! These plants are called Calatheas and I have a couple of them, some people call them 'living plants' because of how much they move! If you google 'Calathea Time-lapse' you can see some cool videos of them moving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love indoor plants Sophie. I might get one of these myself. What an interesting plant. There is a plant called the livingstone daisy that has flowers which close at night and open in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.